On the back of a massive victory against the former leader of the USL Western Division, New Mexico United, the Las Vegas Lights FC head to El Paso this Saturday. The Lights will look to best the El Paso Locomotive FC, but that is easier said than done… Let’s look at the Good, Bad, and the Ugly factors the Lights are facing this Saturday.
- The Lights are back in winning form and poised to “slay the giant” again this week
- Las Vegas played with a renewed focus and aggression last week, something that has been missing in previous match ups.
- Lights Forward, Preston Tabort Etaka (#19), played like a man possessed last week, creating multiple opportunities on offense and defense against New Mexico United.
- Newly acquired Defender, Dejan Jakovic (#27), has clearly taken over as the defense leader, motivating the entire back line through his direct and aggressive play style.
- On paper, Las Vegas and El Paso are very similar teams:
- Las Vegas currently has one of the worst records in the USL when it comes to away games:
- Winless on the road 0-6-1
- Outscored 20-5
- El Paso has a stout defense, only allowing 12 goals throughout the entire season.
- The Lights will be playing for a second week without leading scorer, Forward Irvin Parra (#11), due to suspension.
- El Paso is currently on a nine-game, no-loss streak and will be carrying that zeal into a packed house at Southwest University Park this Saturday.
- Again, the Lights are away this week and there will be no $5 Waldos at Cashman Field…
Anyway you shake the salt this Saturday will be a great match up for Soccer fans. The Lights are in a tremendous position to turn the season around and secure their first win on the road.
Must See News
/ 3 days ago
Check out scenes from fight night: Tecate Model: Janira G.K. Caleb Plant defended his IBF...
/ 1 month ago
On the back of a massive victory against the former leader of the USL...
Recent Posts: The Oliver's Twist
If the Orlando Magic (29-34) wanted to secure a playoff spot this season, all they need to do is keep playing the top NBA teams. The Golden State Warriors (43-19) found themselves on the losing end of a tough Florida swing Thursday night. The Golden State Warriors have had the Magic’s number over the last […]
$330 million. Let that number sink in for a moment. Bryce Harper agreed to the record setting free agent contract with the Philadelphia Phillies on Thursday. Harper’s deal is for 13 years and features no opt-out clauses. The deal is the largest in MLB history breaking Giancarlo Stanton’s record $325 million contract. Stanton signed his […]
The Orlando Magic (28-34) always seem to play tougher against the elite NBA teams. Maybe a match up against the Golden State Warriors (43-18) is what they need to get back in the win column and into the playoff picture. The Warriors are coming off a gut-wrenching 126-125 loss to the Miami Heat in which […]