On the back of a massive victory against the former leader of the USL Western Division, New Mexico United, the Las Vegas Lights FC head to El Paso this Saturday. The Lights will look to best the El Paso Locomotive FC, but that is easier said than done… Let’s look at the Good, Bad, and the Ugly factors the Lights are facing this Saturday.
- The Lights are back in winning form and poised to “slay the giant” again this week
- Las Vegas played with a renewed focus and aggression last week, something that has been missing in previous match ups.
- Lights Forward, Preston Tabort Etaka (#19), played like a man possessed last week, creating multiple opportunities on offense and defense against New Mexico United.
- Newly acquired Defender, Dejan Jakovic (#27), has clearly taken over as the defense leader, motivating the entire back line through his direct and aggressive play style.
- On paper, Las Vegas and El Paso are very similar teams:
- Las Vegas currently has one of the worst records in the USL when it comes to away games:
- Winless on the road 0-6-1
- Outscored 20-5
- El Paso has a stout defense, only allowing 12 goals throughout the entire season.
- The Lights will be playing for a second week without leading scorer, Forward Irvin Parra (#11), due to suspension.
- El Paso is currently on a nine-game, no-loss streak and will be carrying that zeal into a packed house at Southwest University Park this Saturday.
- Again, the Lights are away this week and there will be no $5 Waldos at Cashman Field…
Anyway you shake the salt this Saturday will be a great match up for Soccer fans. The Lights are in a tremendous position to turn the season around and secure their first win on the road.
Must See News
/ 4 days ago
The Raiders donated $25,000 dollars to local elementary on Tuesday afternoon. The Raiders’ generosity...
/ 1 month ago
“The crowd was great. If you didn’t enjoy this basketball game, you don’t enjoy...
/ 1 month ago
The highly awaited rematch between the Las Vegas Lights Football Club (7-9-6) and Orange...
Recent Posts: NITEFALL MEDIA
by Nick Hamilton (@NickHamiltonLA) LOS ANGELES – Just two weeks removed from the USC Trojans losing their starting quarterback JT Daniels to an ACL tear against Fresno State, backup turned starter Kedon Slovis exited the game against the Utah Utes. Slovis will hammered by Utah defensive lineman Leki Fotu, as he launched a 8-yard pass […]
by Nick Hamilton (@NickHamiltonLA) PLAYA VISTA, CA – The Los Angeles Clippers unveiled their newly renovated Training Facility as they teamed up with Honey technology company based in Los Angeles. The “Honey Training Facility” will now be home for the Clippers. “L.A. is home for Honey. The company was founded here and we’re currently building […]
by Nick Hamilton (@NickHamiltonLA) LOS ANGELES – After a sluggish first quarter, the Sparks found their way in the second quarter and never looked back, thanks to a 21 point effort from Chelsea Grey for a 92-69 win over the Seattle Storm in a one-game elimination playoff. The Sparks played locked down defense in the […]