On the back of a massive victory against the former leader of the USL Western Division, New Mexico United, the Las Vegas Lights FC head to El Paso this Saturday. The Lights will look to best the El Paso Locomotive FC, but that is easier said than done… Let’s look at the Good, Bad, and the Ugly factors the Lights are facing this Saturday.
- The Lights are back in winning form and poised to “slay the giant” again this week
- Las Vegas played with a renewed focus and aggression last week, something that has been missing in previous match ups.
- Lights Forward, Preston Tabort Etaka (#19), played like a man possessed last week, creating multiple opportunities on offense and defense against New Mexico United.
- Newly acquired Defender, Dejan Jakovic (#27), has clearly taken over as the defense leader, motivating the entire back line through his direct and aggressive play style.
- On paper, Las Vegas and El Paso are very similar teams:
- Las Vegas currently has one of the worst records in the USL when it comes to away games:
- Winless on the road 0-6-1
- Outscored 20-5
- El Paso has a stout defense, only allowing 12 goals throughout the entire season.
- The Lights will be playing for a second week without leading scorer, Forward Irvin Parra (#11), due to suspension.
- El Paso is currently on a nine-game, no-loss streak and will be carrying that zeal into a packed house at Southwest University Park this Saturday.
- Again, the Lights are away this week and there will be no $5 Waldos at Cashman Field…
Anyway you shake the salt this Saturday will be a great match up for Soccer fans. The Lights are in a tremendous position to turn the season around and secure their first win on the road.
Must See News
/ 4 weeks ago
The Raiders donated $25,000 dollars to local elementary on Tuesday afternoon. The Raiders’ generosity...
/ 2 months ago
“The crowd was great. If you didn’t enjoy this basketball game, you don’t enjoy...
Recent Posts: NITEFALL MEDIA
by Nick Hamilton (@NickHamiltonLA) THOUSAND OAKS, CA – A blockbuster move by the Los Angeles Rams sent shockwaves throughout the NFL circles, as the team announced they traded for the services of CB Jalen Ramsey for two number one draft picks (2020, 2021) and 2020 fourth round draft pick to the Jacksonville Jaguars. Ramsey appears […]
by Nick Hamilton (@NickHamiltonLA) LOS ANGELES, CA – The Washington Nationals moved on to face the St. Louis Cardinals in the NLCS thanks to a grand slam home run by former Dodger Howie Kendrick in the tenth inning for a 7-3 victory on Wednesday night. “I was hoping for any moment,” Kendrick said after his […]
LOS ANGELES — Kawhi Leonard made his Clippers debut on Thursday night against the Denver Nuggets at Staples Center, as he finished with 7 points and six assist on 50% shooting from the field. The 111-91 loss to the Nuggets is minuet in comparison to the cheers of many fans that witnessed Leonard take the […]